RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
merridy koch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Jan 2003 18:08:24 +1100
>>I'm guessing:
>>Those who succeed (as above described) are those who eat food grown in
>>good soil. Those who fail are those who eat food grown in poor soil.

>>There is a hint of evidence that neurological diseases tend to be caused
>by deficiency of certain micronutrients. Information about this is scarce.
>Altho vegans (and I asume raw vegans) have a lower rate of the popular
>disease such as heart disease and can
>cer, they seem to have a higher rate of
>neurological diseases. Perhaps because their diet is deficient in zinc and
>selenium and cobalt and other microelements because it comes from poor soil.

So is neurological disease induced by a deficient diet?   Do people do poorly on their diets because of neurological disease?  I don't know.

I do believe that, whatever diet you are on, you need to feel satisfied, nourished and nurtured by the food you eat. And of course, there is more to emotional/psychological wellbeing than sufficient nutrients.  No matter how much you believe in the validity of your diet, sticking to it may not work long term if subconciously you feel deprived (of protein, or chocolate, whatever).  Running 10 miles a day may  be the perfect physical excercise for humans.  But someone who has never excercised and is unwell would not benefit from this.  They need to start gradually, building up to it, running more as they improve their fitness. I know we all say - transition slowly.  But what is slowly?  If someone is craving donuts should they ignore that need?  Or should they explore it consciously & eat them, finding out what, if anything, they are gaining from donuts?  Should these cravings fall away naturally?

I personally smoked for 10 years.  I struggled many times to give up, yet didn't.  Eventually I accepted that I was a smoker & let go of my need to change.  I just smoked whenever I felt like it.  Around a month later I had a cigarette at 9am one day, finished it, and said - no more.  That was over 2 years ago, I never once had a single craving for nicotine since that moment.   I  believe when we completely accept ourselves for who we are, even whilst eating meat/being vegan/eating donuts/taking supplements whatever, we will feel nurtured and fulfilled enough to be able to let go of these habits when necessary.

What does all this have to do with success stories?  Well, it depends whether we measure success in purely physical terms, or emotionally/psychologically as well.  And how to we fully separate the two?  If you are feeling deprived on your diet (maybe subconsciously) are you truly happy/healthy?  What is success?? And can we ever truly discover 'the one perfect diet', when we are all at different stages of physical & emotional health, addiction & awareness ???

Just some more to ponder....

Merridy

Yahoo! Movies
- What's on at your local cinema?