From:
Ken Stuart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Jan 2003 14:15:49 -0800
On Thu, 23 Jan 2003 12:49:02 -0800, "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>so wait wait wait...
>aside from whatever this little online spat is about Ken and Canola oil... it sounds like sugars are paleo but to be avoided...? that seems contrary to everything else I've read here... but maybe I'm missing something.
>So, are sugars less harmful that white/whole wheat flour?  less harmful than corn?  I wish I could place foods on a continuum from best to worst.
>starting to think I don't understand paleo at all.

Refined sugar is not paleo.   In fact, refined _______ is not paleo.

Paleo is any food that someone could eat if they only had a sharpened stick.

Sugar is thus not paleo, because it requires machines to create.

Grains are not paleo, because they are inedible without being processed by
machines.

Paleo does not have distinctions like more or less harmful - something either
is paleo or it is not.

ALL of these other distinctions come from using OTHER theories, which is often
done in this list in addition to paleo.

--
Cheers,

Ken