From:
Mark Rode <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Jan 2003 17:05:39 -0800
I just saw one of these, this morning ...a powered one....but it is USB 1.1
you will have a hard time finding one for USB 2.0, for a while yet.

ttp://www.cyberguys.com/

Do a quick search for item number  1040469
Make using your USB perpherials even more convenient with our 4-port
internal USB hub. With our easy access hub, you'll never need to reach
around the back of your computer to connect USB equipment, or work with
"hanging by the cables" external hubs. Ideal for public-use and shared
computer systems!

· Mounts in 3.5" drive bay and in a 5.25" drive bay with adapter (161-0402
and 161-0410)
· Full 12Mbps transfer rate
· Uses FDD power connector
· Auto speed detect
· Plug and Play

*PLEASE NOTE - This Hub has optional internal power that is not included in
this package. To order see item 113-0275 (4 pin Floppy Disk Internal Power
Cable).

$ 20.95 each
Rode
The NOSPIN Group
http://freepctech.com

>I am looking for a USB hub (or simply a multi-USB-port panel) that fits in a
>3.5" or 5.25" external drive bay.  I would like it to interface with the
>motherboard USB expansion connector that most current boards come with.  So
>far the only style that I have found uses a standard USB cable that loops
>out through an available slot in the rear of the case and then gets plugged
>into a standard rear-mounted USB port, which seems like a kludge.  Does
>anybody know of a source for such a beast, or if it even exists?  Any tips
>would be appreciated.
>
>George

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml