From:
Chuck Harmon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Jan 2003 01:02:28 -0500
I have an IBM ThinkPad (running Windows 98SE) which uses an external 3 1/2" floppy disc drive, (uses a USB cable to connect to the ThinkPad).  I have the drive installed and it shows up in Device Manager as working OK and no conflicts.  It also shows up in My Computer as the "A" drive.

When I place a blank disk in the drive, with write protect tab open,  and try to copy data to the disk, I get an error message saying "Access denied.  Make sure disk is not full or write protected and that the file is not currently in use".

This laptop was originally used by a major corporation, so could there be some kind of "leftover" administrative lock on using this drive or??

Would appreciate any kind of help anyone can suggest.

Chuck