From:
Phosphor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Jan 2003 08:23:39 +1000
>Quite right.  I am referring here to 20:5 (EPA) and 22:6 (DHA) >which I
have assumed - but have little evidence to support - >are the two fatty
acids that writers who speak approvingly of >omega 3s are referring to.  I
am thinking in particular of Barry >Sears and Loren Cordain who do not refer
to linolenic omega >3s.  Any comment on whether these three are sufficiently
>similar to lump them together
its a travesty of the truth, since it is EPA and DHA [and also DPA] which
are the essential fatty acids.  linolenic is not. our ability to convert is
limited and unsatisafactory.  chickens can do it fine, but we aren't
chickens. you have appropriately lumped Sears and Cordain together,  since
they are both liars.

Andrew