GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gibby Cham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Apr 2003 08:27:39 -0700
Hello Ladies and Gentlemen: It is very unfortunate to announce another cancellation of a full flight by Ghana Airways this past weekend. The Sunday April 20th flight was at first changed to Monday, which was announced to all travel agents selling Ghana Airways tickets on Friday April 18.  Over the weekend, most of my clients started calling me about the cancellation of the flight, which I was not notified at all by the Airline until I had to take the initiative to find out by calling them. The April 20th flight was a full flight and it has left a lot of people stranded or unable to fulfil their purpose for the trip. The reason for the cancellation of the flight is that, they are not allowed to fly into either the United States or Gambia unless they secure their pilot cockpits with bullet proof barriers. This is not something that can be done overnight. It may take them a few weeks to complete; so anybody scheduled to fly on Ghana Airways for the next 2 weeks is put on hold. Currently, they are working on two things:1 Chatering a flight that will take all their April 20/27 customers by this coming weekend2. Refunding clients on this flight, who decided to cancel their trip, and refunding the travel agents who's clients are asking for a refund who will in turn refund payments to the clients. The situation they are now facing is very complicated, and I would like to see how they would resolve it. A lot of refunds to clients and expenses to travel agents are due at this point. I had eight people who were suppose to be on this past Sunday's flight, and I'm flooded with a lot of calls today. I spoke to their ticketing manager, and he scheduled to talk to me about their decision between 4:30pm today and tomorrow morning. We'll all see what happens from here. I'll keep everybody updated including all my clients affected by this horrible situation. ThanksGibby ChamCham Travel Solutions