CELIAC-DIABETES Archives

Celiac-Diabetes Support List

CELIAC-DIABETES@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ann Sokolowski <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Celiac-Diabetes Support List <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Sep 2002 11:47:59 -0400

My celiac is complicated with my having diabetes from being exposed to
Agent Orange thirty years ago when I worked in Korea for the Dept of
Defense.  The diabetes hit at 45 my menopause

For the past few months I have been going thru a detox to remove the
Agent Orange which is stored in abdominal body fat.  In fact, the body
makes fat to encapsulate the AO so it doesn't destroy the body.
Traditional Chinese Medicine is the method used.  The diabetes is
going!  Even my md is impressed--he keeps on watching the numbers go
down and says "WOW--this isn't supposed to happen"  He fully expects the
diabetes to go.
The abdominal fat is dropping off.  I know this sounds weird but I've
dropped 30 lbs in two weeks without dieting....other than my
celiac/diabetic low carb diet.
As for the ceiac side, I honestly don't know if there is any change
because I am not willing to test it out. I'm happy with what has
happened so far.
Ann