C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Deri James <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Jun 2003 00:05:00 +0100
On Monday 09 Jun 2003 7:24 pm, you wrote:
> Hey, Mag, cool it...
>
> Not every corporation is corrupt and they are the backbone of our economy.
> If we forced them to go out of business, we'd be like the Soviet Union
> before the fall of Communism - dull and grey, and limited access to
> consumer goods.
>
> Kat

But every corporation wishes to maximise its profit, the executive board are
highly incentivised to achieve that profit. The line bounding legality is
nowhere near that bounding morality,  unfortunately most executives aim to
camp on the legallity boundary.

Every firm has to make a profit, it just seems that the goal is now to make a
maximum profit (which includes making every effort to ensure your competitors
don't make a profit (and go out of business)).

It sickens me (and I would gladly forego my consumer goods to see an end to
it).

Cheers

Deri