BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ralph Walter <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
"Let us not speak foul in folly!" - ][<en Phollit
Date:
Sun, 23 Feb 2003 12:51:43 -0500
In a message dated 2/23/2003 10:27:14 AM Eastern Standard Time, [log in to unmask] writes:

> We Pinheads are comforted by the fact that we sit so high
> amongst your priorities. Thanks a lot.

Steve (and Candace),

I was thinking the same thing about her backwards priorities, but maybe we should'nt expect too much from somebody who fills her car with wheat paste instead of gasoline.

As for wheat paste and oak saplings, I noted a few days ago that Mrs. Ralph has a gigantic plastic bottle full of a vitamin supplement called Quercitin + C, with a rather abstract-looking photo on it that looked to me like a piece of split oak stump, and another of what looked like quartered oak veneer.  The label said it was all natural (of course) and citrus free.  The "quer" part of the name of this stuff made me wonder whether they had adapted the name from some variation of Latin for "oak," so I looked it up.  Turns out that quercitin is the legitimate name for the bottom layer of the bark of the oak tree.  So Mrs. Ralph is taking sawdust pills.

The boys at Stalag 17 (and 13) would be so pleased to know the Krauts were providing them vitamin-enriched health loaves, and not just bread made with sawdust.

So Steve, save those oak saplings; Twybil probably has lumber rather than health food in mind.

Ralph