BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ken Follett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
"Let us not speak foul in folly!" - ][<en Phollit
Date:
Sun, 23 Feb 2003 03:43:27 -0500
> Speaking of war, were the NYers a little nervous when the column of smoke rising from Staten Island?

CTB: The flight path from JFK to Europe is a bit south of us. Garibaldi coming from Italy probably used the route on his way to Floyd Bennet Field (if not Lindbergh, Wrong Way Corrigan, Earhart & Hughes - obligatory histo presto content), proving for the first time that the European war machine could reach the Continental US. Why they would want to overfly so many Hamptons pools is beyond me. We are not too far from where Flight 800 went down. Actually, checking the topo, we are just a bit off west from a line connecting Brookhaven Labs and where Flight 800 splashed down. One of our neighbors claims to have seen a flash of a ground-to-air missle... but they see a lot of things the rest of us miss, possibly that is why they work at the IRS. And there is supposed to have been the UFO shot down by the proton plasma gun at the lab. There is always air traffic over us of different sorts, high and low, sometimes coming in from the Northeast. Military and Coast Guard helicopters as well... they rattle the house and come in not to high over the trees. So the jets, late at night on some nights they will roar overhead, like a semi downshifting on a long hill.... burp burp burp... and I wake up in a panic. It is bad enough when the rough Atlantic sounds like a freight train approaching. Or when the sky is so clear that you can make out the lights with people, I imagine people, lights with people in them passing Orion's belt. Nobody else in the house hears them... but neither do they hear the dogs barking when we leave them out too long (obligatory Billy Collins content). I connect this in with my fear of UFO abduction and I make sure to maintain my gas as a deterent -- note the problems of gas during astral projection conteract the benefits of abduction avoidance. Two things ET's don't like is hugs and gas -- so be real real friendly next time and the little lizard people will learn to leave you alone! Make sure to tell your children before it is too late. Which reminds me to mention to all and everyone that has a concern for their safety from abduction and physical invasion you can get a copy of, "How to Defend Yourself Against Alien Abduction," by Ann Druffel. Three Rivers Press ISBN 0609802631 It sure beats counting sheep or the cost of hypnotic regression. ][<en
׫)ڶXxl^w(}?܅zb
iil&cn܆+޳Vjy板m