BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"S. Sasser" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
S. Sasser
Date:
Tue, 28 May 2002 18:54:22 -0400
This whole throwing dogs thing reminds me of what seems in context to be a
distinctly more genteel pursuit that we used to pass the time on the farm in
Clear Spring, Maryland.  Faced with the volume of small mangled offerings
that the 4 cats and 1 dog deposited with depressing frequency on our
doorstep we combined efficient disposal with entertainment by instituting
the small mammal fling.  Scoring was based on a 1-10 point system for
distance, form, and artistic merit.  Points subtracted for detached body
parts in flight, loss of round for getting any on you.  The alternative
entertainment was watching the geeky Mennonite boys next door chasing
escaped cows, sitting on the porch yelling, "Go Bossy, You go Girl!"

Lisa