BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Donald B. White" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
If it ain't a pleasure ... it ain't a poem.
Date:
Sat, 27 Apr 2002 23:53:47 -0400
Message text written by "can't australian computers read?" (sure they
can--upside down!)
>I have a picture of Fogleman with a car he restored.<

Mr Fogleman's car is a 1931 Model A Ford Standard Coupe. All the visible
details are completely authentic (correct headlamps, original horn, front
bumper has its center clamp, and many others) which was indeed remarkable
for one of these cars in 1959. The Model A Restorer's Club ws started in
1951 and the Model A Ford Club of America in 1959, but at the time these
were still considered good used cars by most people, or just old jalopies
not worthy of notice. My 1929 Tudor Sedan had actually been sold as a 'used
car' for $500 in 1968 (I paid $2,000 for it in 1975 and sold it for $5,000
in 1982 to buy my first Morgan). The basic parts needed to keep it going
were readily available in 1959 (from Ford dealers through 1955), but many
parts were out of production until the 1970s, and even then the quality was
poor (the repro parts available today are better than the ones available
when I drove them every day in the 70s). I am impressed that it even has
the original-equipment Universal tires (one of the three brands Ford used).

Sign me, Owned Three of Them