From:
Henry Brugsch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Jan 2003 09:12:28 -0000
Thanks for posting this info, I am using the Yaesu VX-5, and was wondering
how the Kenwood receive differed from it. Was it any more sensetive?
Sounds from what you say, no.
I experience here, just what you describe on the T.V. channels.
Although, the receiver seems to do pretty good in the aviation band from 108
to 136.
Not so sure how well it copes with the U.H.F. aviation portion, I tend to
think, not so well.
On Shortwave, the vx-5 tends to over load a bit, even on its own short
antenna.
No BFO, of course.