From:
"Nathan, Kevin" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Oct 2002 09:01:47 -0800
Hi Richard,

Nice article.

I totally agree with your comments on 40.  Until we can get the broadcasters
to clear out, remember to listen on the lower segment for dx stations
calling cq and listening on our segment.  I forget to do this a lot but got
reminded of it this weekend when playing in the CQWW SSB contest.  I do not
have a super station on 40 at all.  I use a Radio Works G5RV with the center
at about 45 feet, one end perhaps 15 to 20 feet off the ground and the other
end perhaps ten feet off the ground.  I do have the amp to provide some
power but it's not a big gun by any means.  I forgot to look at my log for
the distance when I logged the D44 last night but Seattle area to Cape Verde
has to be quite a long hall and he was loud.  I would urge all to get on and
give it a shot.

73 and see you on the band.
Kevin, K7RX

Kevin Nathan, Independent Living Coordinator
Dept. of Services for the Blind
3411 S. Alaska
Seattle, Wa 98118
Voice:  (206) 721-6450