Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Thu, 12 Feb 1998 08:56:48 +0000
        Hi.
        It turns out that with DOS 6.22 on a Zip, the os doesn't
complete boot, but it works perfectly on a Zip sys'd with
Opendos 7.0 or Windows 95.
        DOS 6.22 is prior to IDE Zip, so it could not be tested
with it. May be it messed with a FAT16 on something it thinks
is a floppy...

>         Hi.
>         Two questions, for an expert in internal ide Zip's:
>         -1). I've tried to boot from an ide Zip, on a PC with Award
> bios. For this, I did SYS from DOS over a Zip, and there appeared IO.SYS,
> MSDOS.SYS and COMMAND.COM. But when booting from the Zip, the message
> "Starting MS-DOS" appears, and stays for ever. The PC responds to
> Ctrl+Alt+Del, so isn't lost. This method is on the believe that the
> ide Zip is just like a floppy. What am I missing? (inserting in config
> device=ASPIATAP.SYS (see below) doesn't make any difference).
Javier Vizcaino. Ability Electronics. [log in to unmask]

Starting point:        (-1)^(-1) = -1
Applying logarithms: (-1)*ln(-1) = ln(-1)
Since ln(-1) <> 0, dividing:  -1 = 1
     (ln(-1) is complex, but exists)

          PCBUILD:  http://nospin.com  or  [log in to unmask]