From:
Emily Low <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Emily Low <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Dec 2002 11:32:47 -0500

I have taken my son off of all products in which I suspect gluten - and
yesterday he had the second hard formed stool of his life!!  He looked at it
so confused (remember he is only 20 moths!).  It is hard to run around work
and call up friends and be ecstatic about ones child's poop, but I knew that
you guys would understand.  (now maybe we will have to start worrying about
constipation!  =)

AND after running through the archives here, I learned about tea bags....I
have been drinking a big bottle full of tea that I prepare with a tea bag
every morning, and it sits in the bottle almost all day.

I started making leaf tea 2 days ago - and I am feeling great.   No big
bloated belly!! No one here, even my GI doc believes me - but I trust you
guys and my body, and I feel so much better!

Also, for anyone who is NOT taking vitamin B12 injections - I developed a
severe neuritis of the chest this week (which I thought was ribs out of
place from all of the burping), from lack of vitamin B12.  Two injections
later, I can breathe and move again, and it doesn't feel like I am having a
heart attack, although it is not totally gone, I am amazed at the
difference.  (I know that the B vitamins might also be helping me feel
better, and not just the lack of teabags, but I am just sooo happy to feel
better.)

I just wanted to pass that on for anyone else who might not have realized
the importance of B12. I learned from a new GI that I had hyperplasia of the
area where B12 is absorbed, versus the damaged, underdeveloped villi in the
upper intestine where calcium, iron, and ?? is absorbed. All the other docs
I showed my results to said that the hyperplasia was nothing, but this guy
said that it will also causes malabsorption.  I think I like my new doc -
any comments on that. Is he crazy?

Thanks for all of your support and kind words, I just wanted to share some
good news today!

Emily