From:
A Gilliland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 11 Feb 2003 20:58:14 -0800

Hi All--

About a year or more ago, there was quite a discussion
re: how to prepare for natural disasters, what to
include in one's store of gf foods, how to make the
container portable, where to keep such a container so
that it would be accessible, etc. (Pretty sure the
posts are in the archives - good information)

Today, government officials are recommending that
people prepare for a possible attack by stockpiling
food and water to last two to three days. So, once
again, this unpleasant topic becomes a concern for me.
Out of a job (I'm sure I'm not the only celiac in this
position) and with little money to buy extra food, I
would be interested in hearing from anyone willing to
share their ideas of nutrient-dense foods, preferably
low in sugar and high in protein (I'm hypoglycemic).

It's not my intention to alarm anyone who hasn't heard
this latest news...just wanting to be prepared (since
I've been too lazy to get prepared in the past year).
Also, the best suggestion, I thought, that came out of
that earlier discussion was that local support groups
could designate a meeting place for their members to
provide support and possibly share gf food.
Unfortunately, there's no support group in my area -
something else I was too lazy to get started.

I could go back to the archives to get the information
posted earlier, but I'm specifically needing the
non-perishable, high protein food that I can afford.

I'll summarize...

Cheers,
Ayn/AL

http://shopping.yahoo.com