From:
Phillip Roey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Jan 2003 22:13:33 -0500
From: "Wanda" <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Wednesday, January 01, 2003 12:09 PM
Subject: Re: Photo vs Color printers

> A dye sub printer is not necessary to get photo quality and while HP
> makes a good ink jet printer, they are extremely limited and VERY
> expensive to operate.  And the color laser printers are out of reach for
> most of us.  Canon makes a photo printer in several models.  Photo
> printers usually print in 6 colors rather than the usual 4.  Epson makes
> one that you can buy for about $199.  It has 6 separate ink containers
> and prints at 5700x720 dpi in archival inks.  Using either Epson or

IMHO I agree with Wanda.  I just picked up the Epson  multifunction CX5200.
The printouts are nearly as good as the high end photo printers, and the
bonus of waterproof ink is a clincher for me.  It does use only four ink
tanks and the print cost is reasonable.  Unless your need is for
professional quality output many of the ink jet printers will fulfill your
needs.

HTH,
        Phillip Roey