From:
Joe Lore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Jan 2003 17:42:20 -0500
Hi,

Sounds like your CPU may be reaching a temperature that is set in the BIOS
for audible warning or system shutdown.   Check the BIOS see if it is a
feature and maybe raise the limits

Maybe a better CPU heatsink cooling fan and or additional cooling fans in
the Case may be in order

At 05:42 PM 01/24/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>Hello All,
>
>Recently, I have completed a mobo & cpu swap on my system along with new
hard drives. On occasion, Windows XP will just quit running, forcing a hard
re-boot.
>When I press the power button, I won't get a POST. Instead of the single
beep signifying the POST, I'll hear alternating high-low tones (beeps) like
the sound you hear from a European Police vehicle's siren. This is getting
very frustrating. Everything could be running fine for weeks, then this
crops up again. Could this be the motherboard or maybe memory modules? I
have pulled them out and pushed them in again when this problem happens but
there was no effect. Any responses are appreciated.

>Regards,
>Gary J.
>
>              The NOSPIN Group is now offering Free PC Tech
>                     support at our newest website:
>                          http://freepctech.com

God Bless America!

Joe Lore