From:
Rick Lindstrom <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Jan 2003 13:15:53 -0500
I have a Canon BJC-5000 printer that is experiencing an odd problem.
Researching the internet has turned up nothing, and I'm hoping that someone
on the list might have an idea.

This printer uses three types of cartridges;

BC-21e (with color and black)
BC-22e (for photo printing)
BC-23  (black only)

At any given time, there are two cartridges mounted according to what you
are doing, and the usual setup is one BC-21e and one BC-23 for normal color
printing. For photo printing, you take out the BC-21e and put in the BC-22e
photo cartridge, and you can also do straight black and white printing
using a BC-23 in both positions.

The problem is that the printer refuses to recognize a BC-21e cartridge. I
have two, and neither is recognized. It prints fine with the photo
cartridge in place or two BC-23's.

Last time this happened, I bought a new BC-21e, and the printer worked for
the few pages I printed before I turned it off and didn't use it for a
while. When I turned it on again, it came back failing to recognize the
cartridge. I know it's not empty, and you get "cartridge empty" messages
from the printer when that happens anyway.

Any ideas?

Thanks-
Rick Lindstrom
Tallahassee, FL. USA