Date:
Sat, 11 Jan 2003 13:00:37 -0600
Thanks for your quick response.

I understand your confusion. I should have said that the SCSI Select
setting for both channels is "automatic".
The configuration is as follows.

WDE9100W = ID 0
JUMPERS = 13/14, 23/24
SCAM DISABLED = 17/18 OPEN

IOMEGA ZIP 100 = ID 5

2940UW    = ID 7
TERMINATION WIDE = AUTOMATIC
TERMINATION NARROW = AUTOMATIC

Bill Cohane wrote:

> At 21:41 01/10/03, Ray New wrote:
>
>> I have a WDE9100W SCSI drive connected the wide channel
>> (68 pin) on a 2940UW and an Iomega internal SCSI ZIP on
>> the narrow (50 pin) channel. I get the message
>> "Insufficient termination on the wide channel" during
>> boot up, yet both drives are terminated and function
>> normally.  The termination on the drive is set in software
>> as "automatic".
>

> Hi Ray
>
> I'm a bit confused by your statement that termination is set
> on the WD drive via software. Do you mean that you are using
> SCAM (SCSI plug and play)? (To use this, you would have to have
> a jumper (shunt) set across (connecting) pins 17 and 18 of the
> WD9100 drive's jumper block.

> Here's what I would do:
>
> Set the SCSI ID of the WD drive to ID=0. (Verify that there
> are no jumpers on pins 1 through 8.) I assume you already
> set the ID on the IOMEGA ZIP drive (by jumper) to some number
> between 1 and 6. (If not, do so.) The Adaptec 2940UW should
> automatically be ID=7.
>
> Have termination ENABLED (via jumper) on the internal narrow
> SCSI IOMEGA ZIP drive.
>
> Have termination ENABLED on the WD wide SCSI hard drive
> (put a jumper across pins 23 and 24). "Termpower" for
> the WD drive can be set as either ON or OFF.

I find no selection for "Low OFF, High ON". The selections are
"AUTOMATIC", "ENABLE", "DISABLE". Is this possible due to BIOS upgrades?
My card is at 2.11.0.

> For the Adaptec 2940UW, you should have termination set
> for either "Low OFF, High ON" or "Automatic".

It is the 68 pin version, no adapters used. Single perif. cable.

> [**] By the way, I assume that you don't have the Ultra2 or
> 80 pin versions of the WD9100 drive.

Did not find SCAM selection.