From:
Minson Ngo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Jan 2003 16:49:56 -0800
This might help to isolate the trouble.

1. Check for viruses
2. Check for conflicts
3. Buggy/damaged applications
4. Damaged/conflicting utilities
5. Buggy/outdated/conflicting drivers
6. AC problems
7. Device installation problems
8. Power supply problems
9. CPU heating

Check off each one going down the list in order and you should be able to
find the problem causing the instability. If this does not help then you
have to resort to the "divide and conquer" method. This is basically
removing devices one at a time form the system and see if the system
stabilizes after each removal.