From:
Dennis Noble <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Dec 2002 22:26:19 -0600
I think that we need to define what a photo printer is. I have an HP
officejet d135 that prints "photo quality" pictures on special paper. It
is not however a photo printer. I have a friend that uses an Olympus
P-400 Dye-Sublimation Photo Printer. Its output looks and pretty much
feels like a photograph, it's a "photo printer". I don't know exactly
how it works, or if it can even use regular paper, but I doubt that it
would be practical to use it for everyday printing.

If I were looking to buy a single printer to do it all, I would buy a
color laser printer. While it is not exactly a photo printer, they
generally have awesome looking graphics, good speed and are fairly
inexpensive to operate. I have seen color laser printers for under $1200
on the street.

Dennis Noble

>My Photo printer does anything a printer can do. If I choose to do text
>with
>it I'll set it for draft or low quality as I'm not doing a thesis or
the
>like, nor or there graphic involved. If I have a ton of just text to
print
> I'll use the trusty workhorse LaserJet 5P. The cost of printing on the
> laser
> is considerably cheaper than ANY inkjet. For a page or a few, the
photo
> printer is just fine. So the short answer is yes and maybe, some photo
> printers can do it all. It just comes down to the cost of consumables
and
> what you are printing.

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com