From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Nov 2002 02:08:00 -0800
On 5 Nov 2002, at 16:07, Jeffrey Bouquet wrote:

>   I have surplus an external 2400 modem, a 486/33 motherboard/case/PS, EGA
> card, 9600 internal modem, etc.  Does anyone on the list know how to
> optimally dispose of the items??
>
> Jeff Bouquet

  Most of the items you list would cost as much to ship as they're likely to
fetch on eBay.  So I'd recommend a local solution -- either a garage sale,
or donate them to a local charity group.

  In some metropolitan regions, there may be an agency that channels usable
donations to worthy / needy schools and organizations.  (Around here, the
Computer Recycling Center does that, providing also skills training in
refurbishing of used systems, and covering operating costs by selling
donated bits that can't currently be used.)

David Gillett

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com