From:
"M.E. C" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Feb 2003 18:22:34 EST
In a message dated 2/16/2003 4:41:25 PM Central Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

 > Any thoughts on how much nuts would
 > have been eaten by paleos?  Would they have played a larger dietary role
 > than
 > animal protein and would they have been available in the huge quantities
 > easily available to us?

Just my opinion, but I don't think nuts would have been a major part of the
paleo diet.
They would have been seasonal, some stored for winter eating, and the trees
probably didn't grow massive quantities of nuts. Also, there were probably
not groves of nut trees back then either. Possibly nuts in paleo times were
of smaller meats, and harder to crack..thus being more work to get to the
food, not to mention the gathering of the nuts.
Most of the stuff I have mentioned, people nowadays do not have to do....we
just go to the store. Some of us lucky ones may have a tree in our yard that
bears nuts.
Not me, just mesquite beans and berries on cactus(prickly pears) . :) No
nuts.

Mary C. -Texas