C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathy Salkin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Oct 2002 10:11:04 -0400
For those of you struggling with your weight, I just read of an interesting
study.  A medical researcher in Denmark has completed a study in which he
found that those who consume regular-sugar sodas gain weight even if they go
on low-fat diets.  It seems that the liquid sugar goes straight to the small
intestine, thereby keeping the drinker hungry and liable to overeat.

I suppose the same could be said for a lot of alcoholic drinks, as there's a
lot of sugar in alcohol.

So if you have weight issues, you may want to look at what you're drinking.
Well must say that's one more bit of information to tell people why I drink
diet sodas and not regular sodas.

Kat