BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Hammarberg, Eric" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
make easy -- get sakcrete <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Dec 2002 10:53:57 -0500
You got that right Ralph...

It seams to me that the developers "should have" looked into adaptive reuse
of the building. Would the original have been able to accommodate the
necessary square footage? I know these megastores don't like multi-levels
and really want large column-free floors typical to pre-engineered bldgs but
they "should have" been forced to at least consider this given the urban
insertion of this complex. My guess is that they would have walked away from
the site and neighborhood. (I will keep my overt opinions about these stores
to myself.)

Did the developers comply with all other City and State requirements when
they took over the site and designed/built this, such as review and comment
by local boards, city planning, etc?

Why was the nomination rejected?

Eric Hammarberg
Associate Director of Preservation