From:
Ivan Fetch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Dec 2002 19:13:06 -0700
Hi Mike,
   Well, this handheld doesn't provide audible feed back from the menus,
so you (and who ever else) is right about that accessibility aspect.  What
I was trying to get at in my last email, was that reading the PDF manual,
the button-names are accessible (vs. how some manuals have pictures of the
button names, which don't show up).  Also, when dialing through the menu,
the "cursor" will not wrap once you reach the end of a selection.  In
other words, if you have selected "yes" and you continue turning the dial
to the right, the cursor will not select "no" - you would have to turn the
dial to the left in order to select "no."  By counting dial clicks I think
some altering of frequently used options is possible.  Also, you can
perform some functions with key combinations (such as toggling whether or
not the morris code synthesizer is turned on by holding down the
call/TV/lock button while powering on the Unit).  The call/TV/lock button
is the very bottom, right most button.

   I'm interested to see what the computer software and PC interface cable
provide in the way of accessible programming too (not as good as being
able to program on the road, but better than nothing).

   i'd be curious to hear from folks with more accessible rigs - what kind
of feedback can you get in the menus?

Thanks,
Ivan.