Date:
Thu, 25 Jul 2002 17:17:40 -0700
        I spoke to Icom technical support doay (Mike) and found they are
very receptive to making more of their gear accessible.  Mike was even aware
of the handiham web site and what they do.  He said he has been contacted by
several blind hams and will add one more suggestion to the higher up's about
voice chips.  I too took the angle that it doesn't just benefit the visually
impared but also the driving hams.

Add that one to the list of potentially blind friendly ham radio
manufactuers.

Brian, k5in