EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Debbie Barton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Nov 2002 09:46:23 -0800
At our Technical College we have a high population of students with learning
disabilities.  Kurzweil 3000 scan and read has been invaluable to some of
our students.  Many of the students use it on a daily basis and others only
when they are studying for an upcoming exam.  Having the technology
available also helps when we are having difficulty in getting a textbook on
tape or CD for a student. Even if they'd prefer the book on tape they will
usually use Kurzweil until the tape is available.

I agree too on the ease of use of the program.  I have had no trouble at all
in training a single  student on how to use it.  The overall design is so
simple and not at all threatening to "low tech." folks.