From:
"John B." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Feb 1998 01:25:19 -0800
The fix is here: http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q151/9/11.asp
I had this same problem on 2 different occasions and luckily the microsoft web
site
had the solution.  Worked like a charm both times but you'll have to edit your
registry. It goes like this:
SYMPTOMS

 If your computer contains a PCI-IDE hard disk controller that employs
serialization
between the two IDE  channels, you may experience the following problems:

32-bit file system access and 32-bit virtual memory are not available.
Device Manager displays an exclamation point in a yellow circle for the primary
and secondary IDE channels.

Removing and reinstalling the hard disk controller does not resolve the problem.

CAUSE

The protected-mode driver for the hard disk controller was not properly
initialized
when you started Windows 95 previously. When this occurs, a NOIDE entry is
placed in the registry, preventing Windows 95 from making future attempts to
initialize the protected-mode driver.

Good luck.  jb