From:
Phosphor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Jan 2003 11:47:03 +1000
>Wrong. It appears that you completely missed my point
yes i did, and you are quite correct it seems:

quoting from:
http://www-biol.paisley.ac.uk/Courses/StFunMac/glossary/triacylglycerol.html

TAG [triacylglycerols] are stored as oil droplets in adipose cells. Almost
always find two saturated FA with one unsaturated FA in TAG, because 3
saturated FA would provide TAG that is solid wax-like at room temperature.

however:
 More than one unsaturated FA, and the TAG would be too fluid for storage
purposes inside cells.

which was the point I was making.

>Because of this point alone, the major backup of all your >arguments
regarding saturated fat content (for support) falls.
it seems the structural support is provided by the connective tissue
interweaving the adipose cells. so we are both wrong on this point.

now we know all this, tell me, do you think paleo man ate a diet low in
saturated fat or not?

andrew