From:
Sean McBride <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Jan 2003 20:01:57 +1000
I was talking with an anthropologist friend and she was telling me how the
Aborigines where she is (Tanami Desert) will kill a kangaroo, cut it down
the side, check
for kidney fat and if there is not enough they will leave the animal and go
shoot another one so they are still doing what they have done for a long
time.  Admittedly the kangaroos are probably more abundant now and easier to
get (with rifles).  I can't help feeling though that there is more to it
than just abundance.  I figure they must have experience of the negative
effects of lean meat without fat.

Any ideas

Sean McBride
University of Queensland