From:
Adrienne Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Oct 2002 09:17:30 EDT
Here's a contact # for  Prevail Corporation -- maker of  Eskimo-3 Brand.  I
used to use it and once called the customer service number  -- they were
extremely helpful.

Although I used to supplement, I am not sure the short term benefits (in my
case, clearer, softer skin and less depression) outweigh the potential
long-term risks (increased oxidation rates, too much cell membrane
permiability).  I think that some practitioners such as Barry Sears recommend
large doses of fish oil to quickly correct a fatty acid imbalance in the
body. But even he says that one on high doses should test blood levels and
gradually reduce the amount to a maintenance level.  I'm beginning to think
that the same thing can be accomplished (albeit much slower) by simply
minimizing dietary sources of Omega 6 and regularly eating oily fish.

Adrienne <A HREF="http://www.prevail.com/eskimo3.htm">Prevail Featured Products</A>