BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"J.A. Drew Diaz" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 3 Feb 2003 15:17:56 -0500
well I don't feel so dumb--
for years I've been nailing money to jobs- though I don't too much
actual nailing anymore...
I still try to see that on the first day we run track that some change-
preferably from the current year is nailed down....

Yes I know that driving a concrete pin through a quarter kind of
devalues it for future numismatics  I also tend to toss some change into
concrete pours...

Picked the habit up from a furniture guy who screwed pennies from the
year he mad a piece to the piece, being a furniture guy he was more
careful and ran 3-4 screws around the perimiter of hte coin..

Years ago a partner of mine found a roll of uncirculated liberty dimes
from the Denver Mint, in a bar we were remodelling in Denver- he was
less than understanding of the whole partnership thing from that moment
on..
He ended up w/ a new used pick-up..
and I ended up w/ his girlfriend...
well at least he didn't have to borrow my truck when he moved out of her
house...