Date:
Sun, 24 Nov 2002 11:16:13 +1100
If I understand you correctly, this is simple matter of win9x physical
limitation.  win9x was designed to handle max 512M of RAM, any more physical
RAM will result problems.  You can use more than 512M or RAM, but the trick
you have to do is to limit windows RAM usage down to 512.  MS has a detailed
document, you can get it out.

So, either, you will need to upgrade OS to win2k/XP, or stay with 512 for
ME, or run MSCONFIG, under "advanced" tab, there is an option to limit
memory usage, set it to 512.

I've seen some systems won't even work with 512 limitation set in place, I
had to down them to 510 or so in order to enable them to stop crashing.

Jun Qian