From:
Eva Hedin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Mar 2004 10:33:09 +0100
Subject: Aaaaaach! (vegetarians)
Dori wrote:
> Every time a Paleo or low-carb author is interviewed, they get at least
one
> "but" or "what if" question.  "But critics say we NEED carbs," or "What if
> you're eating too much fat or not enough vegetables?"  Every time, without
> fail.

That is still the main stream thing to say. You are allowed to say that but
you are not allowed to ask a vegetarian what damage they cause in the world
or what damage vegetarian diets could cause. Who would for instance say that
the vast growing of rice in the world cause 150 million cases of malaria
each year and then ask a vegetarian if he does not feel partly guilty about
that?

>I'm bothered that no one has the testicular fortitude
> to ask such questions.

In Sweden you have to be very good at school and do the right things at
school to get the marks to get you into journalist education. All these good
boys and girls will of cause not change their personalities because they
enter, or finish their journalist education. And they will keep saying and
doing the right thing - go main stream.
There will of cause allways be the odd student that is different and if s/he
is good looking and is in the right age and of the right origin and has the
right manner and that particular TV-channel does not make its income from
breakfast cereals for children, then, perhaps....
Eva