From:
Michelle Hale <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Jan 2004 17:52:10 -0600
both my parents have terrible teeth--lots of cavities over the years until
they started regularly flossing.  My two brothers and I, however, have
something like 1 or 2 teeny-tiny cavities between all of us.  I brush my
teeth and floss, but I know my 2 brothers are/were absolutely horrid with
their dental hygiene. All of us kids had fluoride that my mom gave us as
kids (we lived in the country and drank from unfloridated well water) and
had dental sealants.  My mom is convinced that the fluoride and sealants
were the miracle cure.  The neighbor kids (who happen to also be my 2nd
cousins once removed) apparently have lots of cavities, and my mom said that
they did not get fluoride or sealants.  We all ate quite a bit of sweets
when we were younger.

I have my doubts about the fluoride, but I do think sealants work.  Sealants
wear out, though, and are only meant to protect you during your younger
years.

That said, I think eating paleo helps make ones mouth chemistry much better.
Didn't hunter-gatherers have good (but worn) teeth?

Subject: Cavities