From:
Theola Walden Baker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Jun 2003 21:18:36 -0500
From: "Eva Hedin"
> but said very little of what you actually
> eat

Don't eat breakfast.  Never have, even when a child.  Morning appetite just
doesn't happen.   Do have 2 cups of coffee w/half and half spread out over
about 4 hours.  Sometimes it's decaff, sometimes half-caff.

Typical lunch is tuna in olive oil and a romaine salad w/ radicchio,
occasionally a couple of cherry tomatoes or slivered red onion, maybe a
little avocado or cucumber.  Salad is whatever's on hand.  Or lunch can be
leftovers from the night before, such as today.  Don't usually eat many
carbs during the day because they snooze me out, drag me down.

Snack:  1/2 c. sliced almonds

Dinner last night and lunch today:  sirloin steak and roasted zucchini and
onions w/ olive oil & thyme.  Had a grapefruit afterwards.

And I splurged with a chunk of cream cheese, thinking to boost the sat fat.
Only later did I read that it had some kind of bean-derived additives in it.
Other than coffee cream, I've pretty much stayed away from dairy for the
last year.  Occasional exceptions--had some (unsweetened!) whipped cream w/
berries a while back.

>and nothing about how much you weigh.

Choke.  I'll send pictures if you want.  Vanity precludes public
declarations.

> the only thing I see is a clever and
> wise woman (who sometimes is Matt Baker!?)

Aw, that?  I help a son with his fledgling business.  Being the "office
manager" means I hi-jack his email address.

> what is ''''compounded
> bio-identical/"natural" hormones ''''?

Hormones synthesized from plant sources, match 1:1 w/human hormones, the
estrogens and progesterone.  Because they are a match, they can't be
patented--that is, the product can't be owned by a pharmaceutical company.
Patents are only granted for unique formulations.  I consider them to be
(probably) safer than the big-drug-industry kind.  No horse equiline for me.
The pharmacist compounds them.

> In an earlier message you say that you slimmed to get into a bikini in the
> 70's. Could it be that you are in fact not fat at all but striving to be
> slimmer than, well normal or ...BMI or...?

Nope.   But--hey!--I wouldn't mind being slimmer than what is unfortunately
now normal.  Thanks, Eva.  I enjoy your posts.

Theola