From:
Matt Baker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Mar 2003 13:19:56 -0600
Thanks, Adrienne.  He has the paleo books because I've given them to
him--one last Aug. and another in Feb. but he hasn't read either one.  I
guess he's like so many people who just don't understand the importance of
diet/nutrition.  Maybe this will be a wake-up call, but he's the type who
expects modern medicine to have a pill to fix everything.  So sad.

I've ordered fish oil for him.  He probably wouldn't take it just on my
word, but there was a media release of a new study on lupus + fish oil day
before yesterday.  I contacted the dr. in Ireland to find out the dosage
used in the 24 week study.  Was surprised to learn that it was so low to
return good results in lupus patients--180 mg EPA / 120 mg DHA in MaxEPA 1
gm X 3 a day.  (Which is lower than the amount I take each day, in addition
to what I eat.)  Maybe the good results in the study go to show just how
deficient people's diets are if a little can do so much good.

Theola