From:
Mary French <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Mar 2003 11:46:55 -0800
SO true.  Some sort of flu/cold virus is going around here; it's taking most people 2 or three weeks to get over it.  I had it for 2 days, then was well.  A few days later, I succumbed to a bowl of cereal with milk, and the next morning my throat was swollen, my sinuses were stuffed, and I was achy all over.  It's taking me the whole two to three weeks to get over it now (not to mention starting up a cycle of cravings!)
 Richard Geller <[log in to unmask]> wrote:----- Original Message -----
From: "Craig Smith"

I have noticed that when I eat grains and sugar (I can't separate
them out, because when I'm eating poorly, I'll eat anything with
sugar, chocolate, and/or bread that I can get my hands on), I am
prone to upper respiratory problems and other immune-deficiency
illnesses, particularly bronchitis and flu. When I don't eat
grains or sugar, and stay fairly low-carb, I am *never* ill, even
when everyone around me is laid low.

Hi Craig, I am with you, the longer you eat close to paleo, the harder it is
to go back to anything SAD without feeling crummy or worse. I have never had
the reaction you describe, but I've certainly had strong cravings and
ups-and-downs caused I presume from big blood sugar swings, and I've had bad
allergies or other problems.