From:
Hilary McClure <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Feb 2003 15:07:52 -0500
Thomas Bridgeland wrote:
 > On Saturday, February 22, 2003, at 07:48  AM, William Schnell wrote:
 >
 >>  They had killed off and eaten most of their preferred food,

 >> I know that this is believed, but not by me.
 >> Don't know if it can be proven.
 >> Paleopeople stupid enough to eat all the best food?

Daniel Quinn has a lot of interesting things to say about this. In The
Story of B he points out the obvious that starving people don't invent
agriculture--they're too busy trying to survive. When a population's
food supply decreases it's numbers just go down until the food supply
comes back up. Also, many archaeologists say the large game animals
weren't wiped out by human predation but by climate change.