From:
Melanie Pegg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Feb 2003 10:52:17 +0000
Hello Dori

I have tried fat fasts of 900 calories/day from fat, i ate olive oil and a
small salad.  I did it for 2 days and felt ok, i have only fasted once for
36 hours and felt about the same.

In terms of weightloss on the fat fast i seem to lose more just following
low carb paleo, which i can't understand because in Dr Atkins book, which is
where i learnt about doing fat fasts, he says its the best way to lose
weight and anyone who loses weight fairly easily (which i do, i'm just
impatient!) should not attempt to do it because the rate of weight loss will
be too rapid to be safe.  Maybe i did something wrong? As far as i am aware
i don't think there are other reasons for doing fat fasts apart from to lose
weight?

What did you eat when you did it? and did you lose any weight?

Thanks
Mel.

From: Dori Zook <[log in to unmask]>