From:
Adrienne Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Jan 2003 10:06:23 EST
In a message dated 1/31/03 5:06:04 AM Eastern Standard Time, [log in to unmask]
writes:

> Did you ever bother to look how much polyunsaturates wild game has
> in it's tissues?
> I've made an all-meat query:
> http://www.geocities.com/paleolix/lipidsmeat.html

Thank you for proving my point.  With the exception of moose which contains
more polyunsaturated fat than either monosaturated fat or saturated fat, all
the other meats listed on your reference chart contain more of both saturated
fat and monosaturated fat  than polyunsaturated fat or more of either
saturated fat or monosaturated fat than polyunsaturated fat.   I never
suggested that we don't need any PUFAs (I myself eat at least one can of
sardines a day and often more than that) , nor did I suggest that we "flood"
ourselves with saturated fats (although when I feel like it, I eat saturated
fat off meat, plus eggs.)  Unless one is willing to eat a diet composed
entirely of moose and omega-3 rich fatty fish such as sardines, mackeral,
etc., I am merely questioning the rationale of gobbling down massive amounts
of  highly polyunsaturated oils and fats.