From:
Adrienne Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Jan 2003 09:18:36 EST
After quickly abandoning a "low fat" paleo regime emphasizing light, lean
meats and fish and very few eggs because I could just never feel satiated no
matter how much olive oil I dumped on my food and I just do not find these
light foods palatable -- I reverted to all the red meat (lamb and steak and
veal tongue) and dark meat poultry plus daily sardines and eggs galore for
snacks with some dairy thrown in including butter. Bear in mind, I was still
eating too many carbs the last 4-5 months (many non-paleo holiday gluttony)
plus too many paleo nuts and fruit.  Anyway,  I just got my cholesterol test
back yesterday.  Here's the readings:  Triglycerides:  31    HDL:  99    LDL
103

At least for myself, I'm satisfied that saturated fat does not make a bit of
difference regarding cholesterol levels -- and I'm not indicating that I
actually believe cholesterol levels are an indicator of anything at all
except for a way that drug companies can push their cholesterol lowering
drugs.