From:
Amadeus Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Jan 2003 14:32:18 +0100
Paleolithic Eating Support List <[log in to unmask]> schrieb am 14.01.03 12:27:31:

> The extensiveness of the use of cooking technology by paleolithic era
> humans suggests that "raw paleo" may be something of an oxymoron.

Philipp, how do you come to the idea that cooking technology was used "extensive" in the paleolithic era? And even to the point calling the raw !oxymoron"?
Not that I would argue against the early use of fire.
At last I tend to accept the Wrangham fire theories.

But what we have is just few stone herds and redened areas.
Not the slightest indication of the frequency of use for cooking.

In addition:
no cooking pots - meat would loose its fat, strongly limiting its usefulness over a fire
no shure points after which time the ability to *start* a fire arose.

I think raw paleo is the most paleo paleo.

regards

Amadeus

Den Komfort von WEB.DE FreeMail nutzen, aber die alten E-Mail-Adressen nicht
aufgeben? Kein Problem: http://freemail.web.de/features/?mc=021128