From:
"C. ten Broeke" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Oct 2002 10:57:19 +0100
Eating fresh fruits seem to trigger the same effect in most people.
 Especially when fruit is eaten together with a full meal of meat and
vegetables. In my opinion the passing of the fruit through the
intestines is slowed down with a whole meal so bacteria have more time
to develope gasses.
There has been a lot of talk (although not recently) on this list about
instinctive eating.  Somehow we seem to have lost that ability while
eating SAD.  Even when eating Paleo it could take a while before a
persons reactions are clearer again.
Not so strange when you think about the combination of both poisoning by
unfit foods and cultural indoctrination.  The message about healthy
wholesome bread and sugar that is "good" for the muscles is hard to
shake off perhaps. We (at least here in Europe) were taught that you
need loads of fruit and it should be eaten after a  meal. While now most
people seem to tend to the idea that fruit is best eaten half an hour
before any other meal.  Again, the passing of the intestions might be
easier for fruits and take less time when not caught up in a mishmash of
other foods.

I've been away to Italy for work and in those two weeks I could not get
"decent" food. It was either eat what was there or starve because there
was nothing around vaguely Paleo. So again I am trying to struggle
through my cold turkey symptoms ;-)  The immediate difference though is
that I am now not bloated anymore while there I was all gassed up and
sure glad I didn't have to share a room with somebody else. Especially
the vegetarian of our group that seemed to live on bread and beans ;-))
Eating a lot of fruit at once is something I'd never do.  Somehow after
one apple my desire for it goes away. Bananas yes, but I think I
immediately get a sugar spike from it so I try to avoid eating that.
Dried fruits like figs or dates (drool just thinking about it) is
something I either not eat or eat a whole bag of them.  Once it hits my
bloodstream I go mental for more.

Christy