Date:
Tue, 14 May 2002 09:02:40 -0700
Richard, I sympathize. It is difficult if not impossible to switch kids
over to a paleo diet unless you started them from a young age. At least it
was for me. My kids are still on SAD diet (except for Larry) But you can
gently try to increase their protein, you can increase their awareness of
frankenfoods.  You can have them consuming more fresh fruit as compared to
ice cream or cookies. There are small changes you can make that may help.
We do not drink soda pop. That alone is a huge improvement compared to most
of their friends. They get a meat sandwich for lunch most days, a fruit and
water. They are armed with knowledge and are aware there are 10 to 12
teaspoons of sugar in a soda pop. They are watching their friends go to the
soda machine at lunch and buy cokes and pepsis. At the same time, they see
their friends downing the ritalin and other drugs. I think you are doign a
great job by setting an example.  That's all we can really do. I think you
should pat yourself on the back for trying and for setting a g reat example.