C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathleen Salkin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Mar 2006 16:28:43 -0500
Now, I'd be the first to admit that I read the news stories in a
hurry these days as I'm so busy, but I don't recall reading that she
was exposed to a lot of second-hand smoke.  I do know that there has
been a significant number of lung cancers found in relatively young
people who have never smoked in their lives, nor have been exposed to
smoke.  They could have a genetic predisposition towards getting
these types of lung cancers.

I also vaguely recall reading that these types of cancer cells are
different from the types of lung cancer cells found in the lungs of
heavy smokers.  Perhaps Meir could enlighten us on this?

Kat