C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"BG Greer, PhD" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Jun 2003 15:58:24 EDT
> Last year or the year before I kept hearing about people
> leaving their babies in their cars and those children died because of it.
> Why
> don't they sterilize those people because lack of thought?.

Michael,

       You are so right. People breed and take that ability for granted. To
be a decent parent requires patience, love, and a sense of responsibility for
the welfare of the child. I was looking at my 3 month old grandaughter last
night and noticed how helpless such a child would be without her parents. My
daughter and son in law devote many hours in parenting their children. We did that
for ours, but I am afraid that some young parents view children much like
Barbie dolls. Parents with a disability no that they are blessed and put forth
the efforts similar to my daughter and her husband.

Bobby